Thursday, January 29, 2009

Killing time before Kyoto

Before I forget I wanted to tell you all a few more things about this place. Japanese people are so polite and hospitable. It's insane. They want to help you with everything. As an example, this morning I was in the computer lab in my dorm pretty early and the house mother came in and was cleaning. I was just about done with my emails and stuff so I started to head out. She didn't see me when she first came in and so when I started to get up to leave she stopped cleaning and bowed her head to me and told me she was sorry she didn't know anyone was in here. I told her not to worry about it because I was already done. Then she chased me down begging me to come back to finish what I was doing while saying sorry 50 million times. I really was done so I told her no apologies and that it was fine but then she kept bowing her head and saying sorry. 

That's just one example I can think of right now but they are always so willing to help you with anything and they don't make you feel stupid about it either. The elevators are funny here. They are small, actually everything is small here, but you know how when the elevator door is about to close and all you do is put your arm or leg in the doorway and it opens real quick? Well don't try that here cos you will lose your leg or arm. My arm almost got ripped off earlier. Once the door is closing it's too late, just push the button again. Oh and motorcycles and mopeds, yeah these people that ride these are insane. They drive like maniacs, swerving in and out of cars, not looking when they are turning and almost killing me on the way to school. Alright I'm off to Kyoto.

No comments:

Post a Comment