Thursday, May 7, 2009

Ignorance or Stupidity?

We were having a discussion class in class today about how a lot of the population of Japan depends on public transportation to get around. You really don't need a car here. Japan has the most efficient reliable public transportation system in the world. It's simply amazing. So this girl from Louisiana, who is always on her computer checking her facebook and never seems to be paying attention, blurts out, "Before I came to Japan I only thought poor people used the bus. When my parents asked how I got to school and I told them I took the bus, they freaked out and offered to send me money."

I couldn't help myself and blurted out, "Are you serious?"

She was.

Really? Only poor people use public transit. Even hours after this incident I'm still dumbfounded. 

1 comment:

  1. Actually, only sexy people ride the bus. Which is why I ride the bus.

    ReplyDelete