Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Lay off me, I'm starving!

Japan has this brand of ice cream called Lady Borden and let me tell you, it's literally the best ice cream in the world. I love ice cream and I have high standards. This stuff is amazing, it's like crack. My roommates and I all joke that crack must be the secret ingredient because it's extremely addicting. 

Japan also has the best yogurt I have ever had. It's so good. So here's what I don't get, they rule at making ice cream and yogurt so why the hell can't they make cheese?
The cheese here is a joke. It's disgusting. It looks like cheese but it has a weird texture and the taste, well, it's just plain wrong. It's like they put cheese flavoring in this weird substance and try and pull it off as cheese but it's not. You can find imported cheese but it's so expensive, which is why pizza here is like $30. 

I had no idea that I would have such a hard time eating here. I don't eat meat but I eat fish so I figured I would be OK. Wrong! They put meat in everything, I think just for fun or to piss me off.  

Only 11 more days till I can enjoy real food again. I haven't been starving or anything mainly due to various care packages packed with food but it will be nice to go to the grocery store and be able to read packages again but also just to enjoy eating again. I feel like I haven't enjoyed food much since I have been here. Also, I can't wait to have good beer, wine and cocktails again. Shit is gross here. Overall, I just can't wait to be home again, in case you haven't picked up on that yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment