Saturday, May 23, 2009

Twas the night before Portland and all through the flat...

The blare of the television. The hum of the air conditioner. The sound of frogs and crickets spill in from outside. The garbage and recycling bins are overflowing with buyers remorse. It seemed like a good idea at the time but now that everyone is gearing up for their journey home, all of their impulse buys find their way into these bins. These sounds fill the flat and I am just sitting and listening...soaking it all in.

The goodbyes started today, with two of my flat mates. It wasn't emotional at all just a "hey, nice to meet you, take care" type of goodbye with a hug instead of a handshake. Tomorrow will be different though. Another person who I have become fond of, Izzy, is on the same flight as me so we will be leaving together. Izzy and Becca and their whole crew are the ones I have become close with the past month or so. They have all been here for a year and have forged long lasting friendships so saying goodbye will be hard. I can already tell that it will be cry fest 2009 and being the sappy emotional girl that I am, I can guarantee I will be crying as well. I would like to write something more than what I have but I can seem to find the words. All I can say is that it's been a long hard and amazing four months. I can't believe it's over. I will miss Japan but I know that I will be back. I will miss my friends, who I may never see again. I will miss. And I'm OK with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment