Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Ain't nothing going to break my stride

I emailed my advisor about my struggles and worries with the language class and this was her response, "Let's see, for the Japanese courses...I would so the best you can, and then we'll address it once you get your transcript and get ready to move everything to your PSU transcript. Don't worry about it. I know that Japanese language is not your thing, you've never taken a course before, so it must be very hard. It is a hard language. Just do the best you can."

So it kind of sounds like she is saying that if I do poorly and god forbid I fail it, there's a chance that it might not even transfer onto my transcript? So it sounds like it might not count against my GPA either. Right? The first thought in my head was the obvious one...peace out! I thought about just not showing up any more BUT it's never been my style to quit something when I am challenged. So I am going to keep on keepin' on and if I still fail at least I tried. This is quote I just stumbled upon in one of my readings for a history class--it's prefect...
"You are not required to complete the task, yet you are not free to withdraw from it.
-Talmud

No comments:

Post a Comment