Monday, March 23, 2009

...

I would like to write about my awesome yet expensive spring break but in Japan you have your midterms after spring break so I am swamped with studying and tests until the end of the week. I have an oral exam in the Japanese class tomorrow morning and a written one on Thursday as well as a history midterm. I am not looking forward to sitting alone with my teacher and trying to ask and answer questions in Japanese for 7 minutes. It may only be 7 minutes but it will seem like a tortuous eternity I am sure. I also want to write some more on Hiroshima. A midterm question for my Pacific Rivalry class was, knowing what you knew then, if you were a decision maker in 1945 would you have dropped the two atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagaski. At first I was excited about this question and thought it would be easy to answer. It's not. So I might answer another one. Either way I am going to write my answer on here sometime after spring break. Hope you all are well. Oh and a side note, one of my roommates was heading to Tokyo over the spring break on the night bus and was awoken by people screaming at her in Japanese to get off the bus because it had caught fire. Everyone was evacuated but the bus burned to the ground. Luckily, no one was hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment