Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Fact:

I'm a strong person but I have to say that in twenty-nine years, this is the hardest thing I have ever done. Those who know me know that I have seen and done a lot in my short time on this planet but this might take the cake. I'm not asking for a pity party but the last two months have been hard and crazy. Now I have two more to go. It seems to be getting easier and I think by the time I find my way here it will be time to leave. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Japan and will be coming back here numerous times throughout my life. BUT this place is so different. 

Words can't express it, it's something you just have to see for yourself. Being here alone out of my comfort is hard sometimes. Not knowing the language makes it even harder but even the people I've met here who did have a background in Japanese still say it's hard. So far my experience in Japan has changed me and my life in so many ways--all for the better. For as hard as it is I would say it's the best decision I have ever made. I have always lived for a challenge and I don't plan on stopping any time soon. Now, if I could just pass a Japanese language test, quiz, oral midterm...anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment