Saturday, March 28, 2009

Mail me drugs, wait never mind you'll go to jail and I'll be deported. Drug laws are strict in Japan.

For as advanced as Japan is with it's technology--cell phone that turns into a robot, stove that boils your water in 30 seconds and cooks your pasta in less than five, a vacuum that sucks up so quickly and effectively yet is so small, a transit system that puts America to shame and about a million other things that make us like we live in a third world country, I am disappointed in the potency of their pain killers. Don't get me wrong, I hate taking pills for any reason. I hate swallowing them and I hate how they make me feel even if they make me feel better. I just hate feeling drugged out in any way. 

So when I get hurt, which seems to be often, the doctors always give me way too many pain killers, which my friends are thankful for later. Being the stubborn gal that I am, I will be curled up in a ball in brutal pain before I finally cave in and pop one of those pills. But on the positive side of it, when you're in pain you most likely would rather be asleep, so these suckers do the job. In Japan however, pain pills only fulfill their duty of relieving your pain (kinda) and do in no way shape or form make you sleepy, incapable of forming a sentence, walking to the bathroom without hitting a wall or put you at risk for driving or operating machinery. Even though I hate taking drugs, I would kill for them now. My pain is so severe that even though I pop one of these weak pills, I can't help but lay here all night tossing and turning wishing that I had the luxury of being unable to keep my eyes open with drool pouring out of my mouth. Oh how I miss the comforts of home.

No comments:

Post a Comment