Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I can't pop a wheelie yet but I am working on it.

A wheelchair is more fun than crutches and a tad bit easier. I wouldn't recommend going downhill in one when no one is there to help. You should've seen me barreling down the street today, I was laughing so hard I was crying and almost pissed myself. Sorry that the last few blogs were bitch fest 2009 but I have been feeling pretty down about my situation. I am going to try and make the best out of this frustrating situation. I will say that Japan discriminates against handicapped/disabled people. It's really weird. I get a lot of stares in general but the past two days have been real bad. My Japanese friend said they view disabled people in a negative light because they don't contribute to society so they look down on you for it. For as advanced as Japan is, they are backwards and old-fashion when it comes to some political, cultural and social issues. I guess it's just a different society from what I know. Sometimes I love this place and other times I just don't get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment