Sunday, April 5, 2009

29 is the new 50

Leslie has the body of a model. She is from New York and I suspect she comes from money. She wears expensive attire and accessories, short skirts and designer boots, has thick unmanageable curly hair and bad skin. She is cute though. She has personality, very charming and outgoing. I have her in one of my history classes and for the first month of school I could see her sizing me up. For what exactly, I am not sure. 

After a month or so she started saying hi to me in passing and then eventually moved her seat closer to mine. Like a fourth grader, I sit in the same seat every time in every class and I get really pissed if someone takes it. She started chatting it up with me before and after each class, mainly talking about herself, which is fine because I am a good listener. One day we both arrived to the class a bit early so the class that's before ours was still in session.  The first thing she says to me as she walks up is, "Did you get your haircut or something?" I say no, I just straightened it. You see, I am in Japan to learn not to look cute or to impress anyone because I have someone at home who loves me very much,  so really I don't care about my looks much here. I put my hair up every day and wear jeans and a t-shirt. On this day I wore my hair down, straightened and I guess I looked cute.

"You should wear it down more often because, girl it looks sooooo good. Damn, I wish I had you're hair!" 

I tell her thanks. She then proceeds to drill me on my life in and outside of Japan. Asking me questions about which Seminar House (dorm) I live in, who are my roommates, do I like them, blah blah blah. When I tell her I have my own room she demands to know why.

"Well, two reasons. One is that I have chronic insomnia and living in close quarters with someone wouldn't be a good thing. Two, I am 29 and have been living on my own since I was 16, I am not having a roommate now." 

Before I could even finish sentence, she grabs my arm and screams, "29! You're 29! 29??!!" As she is doing this her face is so close to my face that I can feel her breath, she pulls my arm again, looks me up and down, analyzes my boobs, looks behind me at my ass and looks me up and down again screaming, "29!"

"Damn girl, you look soooooo good for being 29! I hope I look that good when I am 29."
"I'll be 30 in July." 
"Whhhhhatttt, 30!!! Oh my god! I cannot believe you're going to be 30 in July!"

She then repeats the process of checking my ass, boobs and well, the whole package and grabs me by the arm again asking me what my secret is.
I stand there a little confused. What are you supposed to look like at 29? Sagging boobs and a big ass? I'm not sure.
 
"You must work out a lot. You don't have kids do you?"
" I'd say I am active but I definitely don't have a work out plan and I definitely don't have kids."

She steps back and checks me out again shaking her head. This is hilarious to me because 29 is not old but then again she is 20 so maybe 29 and 30 is old. At my school I get this a lot, minus the checking out of my boobs and ass, from people when they find out my age. I guess I should take it as a compliment because for a 29 year old I guess I have a banging body and look smoking hot because the other day Leslie screamed hello to me across the courtyard while she was sitting with all of her friends. Then she yells, to her friends but loud enough for me and anyone else near by to hear, "Can you believe she's 29, almost 30?! I hope I'm hot and have a banging body like her when I am 29!"

So everyone proceeds to check me out and I couldn't walk fast enough. Thanks Leslie.

By the way, I am the oldest female at my school. A guy from Australia beats me at 44. 


No comments:

Post a Comment