Saturday, April 4, 2009

Being a Broad in Japan (Ha, get it?!)


I stumbled across this masterpiece in the library as I was doing research for a history paper. The title is genius so I flipped through and realized that the content is genius too. I wish I would've found this book before I came to Japan. I was really excited and wheeled myself up to the check-out counter only to find a sign that informed me that I wasn't allowed to check out books on this particular day. There was no real explanation. The librarian was sitting right behind the stupid sign and gave me the Japanese death glare sensing that I might inquire why there was no check-out service. I backed down and returned the book in the book drop-off. I'm going to go back on Monday and hopefully I can actually use the check-out service because this book looks awesome. Japan never ceases to amaze and confuse me.

No comments:

Post a Comment