Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Now that's expensive!


Living in a foreign land usually involves using foreign currency. In Japan the currency is yen. 

It is often hard to take yen seriously because compared to American money because it looks like monopoly money. This is a problem because it's easy to spend it like it's fake money. Our dollar to the yen is usually weak but the recent economic crisis has made it worse. Great time to study abroad, it is so expensive to live here.

 To give you an idea about how expensive it is, I bought a six pack of 160z crap ass beers for 1640 yen. Seeing that I have a tattoo on my left wrist that says, "Do the Math," you would think I would've stopped dead in my tracks before making this purchase. Why? Well, 1640 yen is $17 American dollars. If I am paying that much for a six pack of beer it better be good. Sadly, it is not. It's the equivalent of Budweiser.

No comments:

Post a Comment