Saturday, February 7, 2009

Girls, girls, girls

Maggie's boyfriend lives in Osaka, which is about 40 minutes from Hirakata (where I reside) by bus and train. She goes there every Friday-Sunday. We decided to not have me tag along this time cos I don't feel comfortable being on my own yet so instead we took a short trip into the city. we walked around at looked in some crazy ass shops and then went to this pub where students hang out and had some food and beers. I felt pretty overwhelmed by the city and Maggie said that I haven't seen anything yet. I guess Osaka is pretty crazy. If you like to shop, then Japan is the place for you. They have anything and everything here. We stopped by a mall that had eight floors of shopping. When we got home Maggie got her bike and headed to Osaka and Becca and I had a beer and chatted for a while about our lives. She's from the UK and is welsh, she can still speak welsh and it sounds so crazy. She was here last semester and told me all of the fears that I am having are normal and she had them when she first arrived. She even puked on the plane ride on the way over here like I did. She is super awesome and so are the rest of my flat mates, seriously I like all of them. Pretty rare to get six girls in a room that all get along and are all awesome. I lucked out in that regard cos I hear people bitch a lot about their flat mates being dumb and dramatic. I took some pictures of somethings I found amusing. I'll post them on a separate blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment